"Big Blue", 2020
Environmental & Architectural Art, Glass & Light Art. A life-size 25 meters blue whale lifted 60 m above sea level. The main building resembles a cube of water cut out form the ocean with its wavy, color-changing facade surface creating an underwater working community inside. The 2nd building resembles coastal cliffs. At night the artwork and building is illuminated with moving underwater lights. The Visual and architectural Big Blue
-entity is designed by Visual Artist Mauri Kosonen & Architect Heimo Paukkunen. 3D visualizations: Sami Saari & Mauri Kosonen
Location: Kairiskulmantie 12, Kaarina FINLAND, 60.413884, 22.321155
"Water Memory - Vesimuisti", 2018
Environmental Art & Light Art
- small water drops make a larger waterdrop and then mutate to DNA-double-helix
Location: Messukentänkatu, Turku, FINLAND, 60.449058,22.179824
“Aurinkotuulen Viemää - Gone With the Solar Wind”, 2017 - 2018
Environmental Art, Mural & Light Art
- depicting Solar Wind and Birth of Polar Lights
Location: Väinölänkatu 19, Turku, FINLAND, 60.463788, 22.205537
- Temporary Environmental Installation for Tall Ships Races, Turku, July 20 to 23, 2017
(middle of the chimney artwork: Mario Merz, "Fibonacci Sequence 1–55"
, 1994, stainless steel, neon lights)
Location: Linnankatu 65, Turku, FINLAND, 60.4390217, 22.2375104
"Vuorenpeikon temppeli - Temple of the Troll", 2016
- Environmental Installation and Wall Painting of sleeping troll with an authentic Egyptian temple surrounding.
Location: Pernontie 254, Turku, FINLAND, 60.461973, 22.153573
"Vuorenneito - Mountain Maiden", 2015
- Environmental Installation and Wall Painting of
sleeping troll girl and an alarm clock with wind chimes on top.
Location: Luolavuorentie, Turku, FINLAND, 60°25'49.7"N 22°17'16.9"E
"Window of the Sun", 2015
- Environmental and Video Installation of modified NASAs video footage of the sun reflected on 11 metres gas ball from 1937.
Video Installation displayed together with Window of the Sun
Video Projection Hours
(bottom of page). Photos: Esko Keski-Oja
Location: Kaasukello, Matruusinpolku, Turku, Finland, 60°26'10.4"N 22°14'42.1"E
© Mauri Kosonen. All rights reserved.